Borussia Dortmund vs. Liverpool FC Preseason Friendly
Liverpool Football Club will head across the pond to the United States as part of its pre-season preparations this July to play in three of the most iconic sporting venues in the United States.
Jurgen Klopp's men will visit Notre Dame Stadium in Notre Dame, Indiana, Fenway Park in Boston and Yankee Stadium in New York City.
The University of Notre Dame will host an international competitive soccer match for the first time in the 90-year history of its historic 77,000-seat stadium when the Reds face Borussia Dortmund on Friday, July 19 at 8 p.m. ET.
The team will then make their way to Boston for a welcome return to the home of the Boston Red Sox, Fenway Park, to meet Spain's oldest football club Sevilla FC on Sunday, July 21.
On Wednesday, July 24, the famous Yankee Stadium baseball field will be transformed into a football pitch when Liverpool F.C. return to take on Sporting CP.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- PARKING INFORMATION: Purchase parking and Parking map
- ALCOHOL POLICY: Alcohol will be sold at concession stands located throughout Notre Dame Stadium to those who are ages 21 and over with valid identification.
- TAILGATING POLICY: Tailgating will be allowed in the parking lots beginning at 2 p.m.* (*The Innovation Park pavement lot and Med School lot open at 5:00 p.m.)
CLEAR BAG POLICY: In line with best practices at major entertainment and athletics venues, the University of Notre Dame has implemented a clear bag policy for all reserve-ticketed events at Notre Dame Stadium, including Corbett Family Hall, O'Neill Hall, and Duncan Student Center during home game weekends and select events, Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center, and Compton Family Ice Arena.
- The policy allows for only clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12" X 6" X 12" in size. Clear bags may have a logo on one side so long as said logo does not exceed 4.5" X 3.4."
- Small clutch bags with or without a handle or strap or wallets that do not exceed 4.5" X 6.5," or approximately the size of a hand, are allowable and do not need to be clear plastic.
- One-gallon clear plastic zip bags (such as Ziploc or Hefty bags) are also allowable.
- Exceptions will be made for approved medical bags or equipment, which will be inspected at designated gates.
- DINING ON CAMPUS: View the University of Notre Dame's Dining and Retail Operations
PROHIBITED ITEMS: Items: Alcohol, Artificial noisemakers, Cans or glass bottles, Drones or Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), Fireworks or Explosives, Food or Beverage, GoPro
or Selfie Sticks, Large containers , Laser or Pen Pointers, Opened bottles of any kind or other drinking containers, Smoking, tobacco, or e-cigarettes (St. Joseph County ordinance), Stadium chairs or seat backs (Unless medical reason with documentation), Strollers, the throwing of any object at any time, Bags (Includes, but not limited to, purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, drawstring/cinch sack bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags, camera bags, binocular cases, diaper bags, grocery bags, and bags larger than the permissible size noted in the clear bag policy), or any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate. In addition, for the Garth Brooks concert, the following items are not permitted: Professional cameras, professional video cameras, audio recording devices and iPads. Signs are permitted into Notre Dame Stadium. However - signs must display appropriate language, not obstruct the view of others, and cannot be affixed to a stick or blunt object.
- PREMIUM SEATING ENTRANCE - SECTIONS 720-736, 820-834, DUNCAN STUDENT CENTER (WEST SIDE OF NOTRE DAME STADIUM): Access to the Premium Seating areas within Duncan Student Center is located through Doors 14 and 17.
- PREMIUM SEATING ENTRANCE - SECTIONS 701-717, 801-813, 901-904 - CORBETT FAMILY HALL (EAST SIDE OF NOTRE DAME STADIUM): Access to the Premium Seating areas within Corbett Family Hall is located through Doors 3 and 4.
- REDS BENCH VIP PACKAGE: Access to the Reds Bench VIP Package includes exclusive access to Foley's through Door 10 at Notre Dame Stadium.
- PREMIUM SEAT TICKET HOLDER NOTE: Your ticket is exclusive to your premium seat and does not allow access to other areas of the stadium.
- COURTESY GUIDELINES: Notre Dame welcomes all guests and works to create an enjoyable experience for all. View our courtesy guidelines.
HOW TO GET TO NOTRE DAME STADIUM:
From O'Hare Airport
Take Route 190 east out of O'Hare to Route 90 east (Kennedy Expressway) toward downtown Chicago. Merges with Route 94 south (Dan Ryan Expressway). Take Skyway exit off the Dan Ryan and remain on Route 90 to Indiana Toll Road. Eventually merges with Route 80. Use Exit 77 (South Bend/Notre Dame).
An alternative route: Take Route 190 east out of O'Hare to Interstate 294 south (Tri-State Tollway) and follow the signs for 80/294 and then Interstate 80-90 (Indiana Toll Road). Use Exit 77 (South Bend/Notre Dame).
From Indiana Toll Road
Use Exit 77 (South Bend/Notre Dame). Turn left (north) onto SR 933/Bus.31. Go north - third traffic light (Cleveland Road) turn right (east). At the first traffic light (Juniper Road) turn right, south on Juniper Road. Public Parking is just past the bridge. Please follow directions of traffic control personnel as you approach the campus area.
Follow U.S. 31 North. That becomes SR 933/Bus.31 just south of South Bend. Proceed through South Bend and continue north. DO NOT turn on Angela Boulevard but proceed north (past Notre Dame and the Toll Road entrance) and to Cleveland Road, turn right (east). At the first traffic light (Juniper Road) turn right, south on Juniper Road. Public Parking is just past the bridge. Please follow directions of traffic control personnel as you approach the campus area.