Game Day Tailgates
Below are some important elements to know about tailgating before you pack up the car for Game Day! When planning your trip to campus to possibly enjoy a tour of campus, listen to the band, attend an academic event, purchase a steak sandwich from the Knights of Columbus, we have some Notre Dame fans that enjoy a different tradition on Game Day – TAILGATING!
All campus lots open at 7 a.m. for all home game weekends.
Please note tailgating is NOT allowed after kickoff in any of the campus lots.
Please note alcohol and tailgating are NOT permitted in the central part of campus.
- If you are traveling with multiple cars, make sure everyone arrives at the same time.
- Holding spots for others is NOT permitted.
- For reserved lots, be sure each car has a parking pass, as one pass permits one vehicle, and the pass must be displayed at ALL times.
- Game Day in South Bend, guests may experience a variety of climates and are encouraged to bring sunscreen, ponchos, and layers while on campus.
- Be sure to check our parking info prior to joining us on campus.
When planning for your tailgate, please note the following are NOT permitted:
- Amplified Sound – Speakers that stand alone, are excessively loud or are connected to an amplifier
- Box trucks, motorcycles, over-sized vans
- Charcoal grills
- Deep fryers
- Open flames (i.e. fire pits)
- Propane cylinders larger than 20 lbs
Safety and security rules will be strictly enforced and violators may be removed for failing to comply. Future ticket privileges may be revoked.
When planning for your tailgate, please note the following are permitted:
- Propane grills are permitted, but cylinders must be under 20 lbs.