We want to help prepare you for the high temperatures that are expected this weekend. With the temperature expected to be north of 90 degrees on Game Day, the last thing you want is to deal with a heat related illness. Let’s ensure that we start the season off with an enjoyable Game Day experience. The best defense is prevention. Here are some prevention tips:
- Staying hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids. Avoid drinks with caffeine or alcohol.
- Wear loose, light weight, breathable clothing.
- When feeling too warm find a cool, shaded, well-ventilated area to rest in.
- When in the sun, wear sunscreen (at least SPF 15).
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat or visor.
- The chronically ill, very young and very old are most susceptible to heat extremes.
- Never leave children or pets alone in an enclosed vehicle
Be sure to make the necessary changes as you prepare for a safe and enjoyable Game Day.