NOTRE DAME, Indiana - Three former University of Notre Dame players have been officially invited to the National Football League Scouting Combine, to be held February 28-March 6, 2017, at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
Notre Dame 2017 NFL Combine Notes
- Notre Dame has had 39 combined participants in the 2012-17 NFL Scouting Combines. Only Alabama (61), Florida State (54), LSU (53, Florida (46), Ohio State (43) and USC (42) have combined for more in those six years.
- Notre Dame's 10 participants in last year's NFL Scouting Combine ranked as the second-most in the nation behind Ohio State's 14. Alabama and UCLA were next in line with nine, while Florida, Georgia, Clemson and Auburn each had eight.
- Notre Dame has had 33 combined participants in the 2013-17 NFL Scouting Combines. Only Alabama (52), Florida State (48), LSU (45), Florida (43), Ohio State (39) and USC (35) have combined for more in those five years.
- Notre Dame's 39 combined participants in the last six NFL Scouting Combines almost doubles the entire Irish output (22) over the previous six NFL Combines (2006-11).
- Fifteen schools have at least eight participants in the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine. Notre Dame played 10 of those 15 schools between 2012-2017 a total of 14 times (USC five times, Miami, Fla., twice, Louisville, North Carolina, Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, LSU and Ohio State).
- Eight of Notre Dame's 12 foes in 2016 have at least one participant in the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine. The eight opponents have a combined 35 players participating in this year's event (out of a possible 330 combine participants).
- Sixteen schools have had at least 30 combined participants in the 2012-17 NFL Scouting Combines. Notre Dame played nine of them a total of 22 times between 2012-17 (USC six times, Stanford six times, Michigan State three times, Oklahoma twice, Alabama, Florida State, LSU, Ohio State and Clemson).
- All nine of those schools rank among the top 16 in terms of NFL Combine participants since 2012. Alabama (61), Florida State (54) and LSU (53) rank 1-2-3. Ohio State (43) is fifth, USC (42) is sixth, Clemson (38) is eighth, Oklahoma (35) is tied for ninth, Stanford (34) is 12th and Michigan State (30) is 16th.
Courtesy of UND.com