Notre Dame welcomes a top-10 class of 27 student-athletes.
NOTRE DAME, Indiana -- The University of Notre Dame football roster will increase by 27 student-athletes for the 2018 season.
The 27 new additions represent 15 states-- three from New Jersey, three from Georgia, three from Florida, three from California, two from Pennsylvania, two from Illinois, two from Maryland, one from Louisiana, one from Arkansas, one from Ohio, one from Oregon, one from Tennessee, one from Indiana, one from Michigan and one from North Carolina-- and the District of Columbia.
As listed by position, Notre Dame adds seven defensive backs, four linebackers, four wide receivers, four offensive lineman, three defensive linemen, two tight ends, two running backs and one quarterback.
Seven of the 27 players--linebacker Bo Bauer, defensive back Houston Griffith, wide receiver Micah Jones, linebacker Jack Lamb, linebacker Ovie Oghoufo, running back Jahmir Smith and tight end George Takacs--enrolled at the University in January. They will participate in Notre Dame's spring football practices. The other 20 players have signed national letters of intent and will arrive on campus by June for the start of summer school.
Among the 27 players who will be freshmen for the Irish this fall are:
- Class Rankings: No. 8 ESPN and No. 10 Rivals and 247Sports (as of 2 p.m. on signing day)
- Five who were selected for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio: DL Jayson Ademilola, DB Derrik Allen, QB Phil Jurkovec, LB Shayne Simon and TE George Takacs
- Three who were selected for the Under Armour All-America Game in St. Petersburg, Florida: DB DJ Brown, DB Houston Griffith and LB Jack Lamb
- Nine members of the 247Sports Top 247: Jayson Ademilola (51), Jurkovec (100), Lamb (118), Simon (129), Austin (132), Allen (134), Griffith (142), Lenzy (212) and Takacs (247)
- Ten members of the Rivals.com 250: Griffith (35), Jurkovec (55), Allen (66), Lamb (77), Austin (81), Bauer (142), Simon (159), Jones (179), Noah Boykin (204) and Jayson Ademilola (219)
- Eleven members of the ESPN 300: Allen (78), Austin (83), Griffith (84), Jurkovec (120), Keys III (150), Simon (173), Takacs (179), Brown (225), Lenzy (261), Lamb (273) and Jayson Ademilola (284)
- Ten members of the Prepstar Top 350 Dream Team: Allen (47), Griffith (48), Jurkovec (59), Bauer (117), Simon (127), Austin (151), Lenzy (176), Jones (243), Keys III (264) and Jayson Ademilola (267)
|Jayson Ademilola||DL||6-3||288||Jackson, NJ/St. Peter's Prep|
|Justin Ademilola||DL||6-2||246||Jackson, NJ/St. Peter's Prep|
|Derrik Allen||DB||6-2||215||Marietta, GA/Lassiter|
|Kevin Austin||WR||6-2||197||Ft. Lauderdale, FL/North Broward Prep|
|Bo Bauer||LB||6-2||212||Harborcreek, PA/Cathedral Prep|
|Tariq Bracy||DB||5-11||170||Milpitas, CA/Milpitas|
|DJ Brown||DB||6-1||180||Annapolis, MD/St. John's College|
|Noah Boykin||DB||6-2||176||Washington, DC/Howard D. Woodson|
|John Dirksen||OL||6-5||303||Maria Stein, OH/Marion Local|
|C'Bo Flemister||RB||5-11||190||Williamson, GA/Pike County|
|Ja-Mion Franklin||DL||6-1||296||Ridgely, MD/North Caroline|
|Houston Griffith||DB||6-0||194||Chicago, IL/IMG Academy (FL)|
|Luke Jones||OL||6-5||289||Little Rock, AR/Pulaski Academy|
|Micah Jones||WR||6-5||202||Gurnee, IL/Warren|
|Phil Jurkovec||QB||6-5||204||Pittsburgh, PA/Pine-Richland|
|Lawrence Keys III||WR||5-11||170||New Orleans, LA/McDonogh 35|
|Jack Lamb||LB||6-3||211||Temecula, CA/Great Oak|
|Braden Lenzy||WR||6-0||175||Tigard, OR/Tigard Senior|
|Cole Mabry||OL||6-5||275||Brentwood, TN/Brentwood|
|Paul Moala||DB||5-11||196||Mishawaka, IN/Penn|
|Ovie Oghoufo||LB||6-3||208||Lathrup VIllage, MI/Harrison|
|Jarrett Patterson||OL||6-4||280||Laguna Hills, CA/Mission Viejo|
|Shayne Simon||LB||6-3||212||West Orange, NJ/St. Peter's Prep|
|Jahmir Smith||RB||5-10||198||Sanford, NC/Lee County|
|George Takacs||TE||6-6||244||Naples, FL/Gulf Coast|
|Tommy Tremble||TE||6-3||224||Johns Creek, GA/Wesleyan|
|Joe Wilkins Jr.||DB||6-2||180||North Fort Myers, FL/North Fort Myers|
Courtesy of und.com