As part of an ongoing commitment to safety and security, the University of Notre Dame will continue to institute policies on items that are permitted in and around our football stadium. Guests are discouraged from bringing any bags into Notre Dame Stadium, Duncan Student Center, Corbett Family Hall, and O'Neill Hall on Game Days.
We appreciate everyone's cooperation and patience as we strive to ensure minimal disruption or delays. Personal property and privacy will be respected at all times.
- Backpacks, duffel bags, and tote bags are NOT permitted in the stadium.
- Cinch sacks and drawstring bags are permitted.
- Diaper Bags are only permitted when a child is present.
- ALL items are subject to inspection upon entrance, including Diaper, Pumping, & Medical bags, blankets, coats, or ponchos.
- Be sure to review all other Game Day Policies while planning your trip to campus!
Prohibited Bag Examples
In line with best practices at major entertainment and athletics venues, the University of Notre Dame will implement a clear bag policy for all reserve-ticketed events at Notre Dame Stadium, Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center and the Compton Family Ice Arena, effective Sept. 1 for the first football game of the 2018 season.
- The policy allows for only clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12" X 6" X 12" in size. Clear bags may have a logo on one side so long as said logo does not exceed 4" X 3.4."
- Small clutch bags with or without a handle or strap or wallets that do not exceed 4.5" X 6.5," or approximately the size of a hand, are allowable and do not need to be clear plastic.
- One-gallon clear plastic zip bags (such as Ziploc or Hefty bags) are also allowable.
- Exceptions will be made for approved medical bags or equipment, which will be inspected at designated gates.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to, purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, drawstring bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags, camera bags, binocular cases, diaper bags and bags larger than the permissible size. Items in such bags - including diapers, wipes and other supplies for babies and small children - should be placed in an approved clear bag.
Guests are encouraged to bring only necessary items into the venues, and all fans and their belongings are subject to inspection at the entrances. Express entry lanes for those entering without a bag will be available at all gates.
Bags that do not meet the policy will not be permitted to enter the venue. Disposal/relocation of non-permissible bags will be the responsibility of the owner. No bag check will be available.
Approved bags can be purchased at Hammes Notre Dame bookstore locations, game day merchandise kiosks or through various online outlets. Clear plastic bags meeting the 12" X 6" X 12" specifications from other venues or events are permissible.
As always, fans can carry personal items in their pockets or jackets, including keys, makeup, feminine products, combs, phones, wallets and credit cards.
Here are additional FAQs.