At the Stadium
Game Day can be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for some and a time-honored tradition for others. Notre Dame welcomes all guests and works to create an enjoyable experience for all.
While you are a guest of the University, here are our Courtesy Guidelines:
Notre Dame is committed to
- Safety as our top priority
- A spirit of hospitality
- Enthusiastic fan support
- A family-friendly atmosphere
- Good sportsmanship
- Rude conduct toward other guests or stadium personnel
- Disruptive, unruly, or intoxicated behavior
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
- Possession of alcohol in Notre Dame Stadium
- Use of tobacco, e-cigarettes, or smoking in Notre Dame Stadium
Guests who display unacceptable behaviors will be subject to sanctions, including refusal of admittance, removal, and/or arrest.
- Notre Dame Stadium Gates A, B, C, D, and E open 90 minutes prior to kickoff each Game Day.
- Duncan Student Center, Corbett Family Hall, and O'Neill Hall hospitality doors open 2 hours prior to kickoff each Game Day.
Permitted and Prohibited Items
Football Saturdays at Notre Dame are an enjoyable experience and the University strives to ensure all areas on campus are safe during your visit. We encourage you to review Notre Dame's Clear Bag Policy while planning your trip to campus! The clear bag policy is effective September 1, 2018 for all reserve-ticketed events at Notre Dame Stadium, including Corbett Family Hall, O'Neill Hall, and Duncan Student Center during home game weekends and select events, Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center, and the Compton Family Ice Arena.
When planning your visit, please note the following are permitted inside Notre Dame Stadium, Duncan Student Center, Corbett Family Hall, or O'Neill Hall during home game weekends and select events:
- Cameras and limited use of camcorders (without cases, must adhere to Clear Bag Policy)
- Cell phones and pagers
- Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC Bag that does not exceed 12" x 6" x 12" with logo on one side only to not exceed 4.5" x 3.4"
- Clutch bag, with or without handle or strap or wallet not to exceed 4.5" x 6.5"
- Medical bags or equipment (at designated gates)
- One-Gallon clear plastic zip bags (such as Ziploc or Hefty)
- Pumps for nursing mothers (at designated gates)
- Rain Apparel
- Seat Cushions not to exceed 16" x 16"
- Unopened, sealed water bottles
Please Note: Cameras, camcorders, cell phones, radios, and umbrellas are allowed as long as they do not compromise the view or experience of others. Permitted items above, including diapers, wipes, and other supplies for babies and small children, should be placed in an approved clear bag.
When planning your visit, please note the following are NOT permitted inside Notre Dame Stadium, Duncan Student Center, Corbett Family Hall, or O'Neill Hall during home game weekends and select events:
- Artificial noisemakers
- Bags, includes, but not limited to, purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, drawstring/cinch sack bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags, camera bags, binocular cases, diaper bags, grocery bags, and bags larger than the permissible size noted in the clear bag policy (link).
- Cans or glass bottles
- Drones or Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
- Fireworks or Explosives
- Food or Beverage
- GoPro or Selfie Sticks
- Large containers
- Laser or Pen Pointers
- Opened bottles of any kind or other drinking containers
- Signs or banners
- Smoking, tobacco, or e-cigarettes (St. Joseph County ordinance)
- Stadium chairs or seat backs (Unless medical reason with documentation)
- The throwing of any object at any time
- Any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate
Please note: Notre Dame Stadium does NOT permit passes out of the stadium for re-entry to the stadium.
Safety and security rules will be strictly enforced and violators may be removed for failing to comply. Future ticket privileges may be revoked.
Also, please note alcohol and tailgating are not permitted on the central part of campus.
Weapons of any kind are prohibited on campus.
Please Note: The University prohibits any use of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), or Drones, on campus. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) prohibits the operation of any UAS within a 5-mile radius of an airport. Given the University’s proximity to the South Bend International Airport (SBN), any use of UAS on campus is strictly prohibited.
Selling of items is not permitted on campus or in parking lots.
Guests are encouraged to bring only necessary items into the venues, and all fans and their belongings are subject to inspection at all entrances. Express entry lanes for those entering without a bag will be available at all gates. Bags that do not meet the policy will not be permitted to enter the venue. Disposal/relocation of non-permissible bags will be the responsibility of the owner. No bag check will be available.
Clear Bags are available at Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore and other retailers.